BitTube is set to fork on July 29th, moving to a brand new Proof-of-Work algorithm. This migration to tube4 brings the following changes:
- Max supply reduction: 600 million (from 1 billion)
- Emission reduction
- Faster block times: 15 seconds (from 120 seconds)
- Faster daemon synchronization and wallet scanning
- Continues to favor GPU mining
- Proof-of-Work algorithm changed: Cuckaroo29b
- Initial circulating supply: 272 million
- Initial block reward: 19 TUBEs
- Miner reward: 50% of block reward
- AirTime reward: 50% of block reward
- AirTime reward is distributed every 240 blocks (60 minutes)
What does this mean?
Prior to the fork taking place, miners will need to update their software to support the new Cuckaroo29b PoW algorithm.
At this point, the following mining software is available that supports the change:
- gminer (at least version 2.16)
Additionally, the following partnered Foreman pools have been updated and are ready for the fork:
How do I prepare?
Download either of the software mentioned above and begin mining with it prior to the fork. Additionally, verify that the pool you’re using is ready for the fork. If you’re in doubt, use one of the pools mentioned above.
By running an updated version of gminer, your devices will automatically update in Foreman and you will experience no monitoring downtime.
Master Your Mining with Foreman. Try it for free today!